The latest episode of Media Mavens is out! This time we talked to Adam Koebel, co-designer of Dungeon World and full-time Twitch streamer about tabletop roleplaying.
You can find the podcast on:
If you like the podcast, please consider leaving us a review on one of these platforms, or tell a friend about us!
Guest Introduction 00:01:25
We introduce our guest, Adam Koebel and talk a little about what he does for a living.
What we’ve been doing 00:05:30
- Masterchef Australia, Edge of Tomorrow
- Defender’s Quest, Crusader Kings 2, XCOM2, Stellaris
- The Grownup by Gillian Flynn
- Finishing Daredevil Season 2, Rewatching Hannibal
- Re-read the first three volumes of WICKED + THE DIVINE, read WYTCHES v1, trying to finish the THREE BODY PROBLEM
- Overwatch, Dark Souls 3
- Ryuutama, Burning Wheel, Age of Rebellion, 5e D&D, Blades in the Dark
- Attended PAX East
Riley – @kaleri_
- Captain America: Civil War, Legend of Korra
- Caught up with the new Thor
- Finally got to play Edge of the Empire!
- Overwatch, HoTS
- Extra Credits – Tracer pose analysis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmLkVtqjf1A
Tabletop Roleplaying Games 00:36:45
- Discussion on the resurgence that TTRPGs seem to be having and why that might be.
- What draws people to RPGs, why do people play?
- Advice for newcomers, being creative!
- When streaming RPGs for a large audience, do you change the way you DM/present the story?
- Do you look to involve the audience? And have you had any really great (or terrible) suggestions?
- Do the rules ever get in the way?
- Making your tabletop worlds diverse.
Listener Questions 01:19:22
@grnmushroom: I’d love to know how to get into Tabletop RPGs with a smaller gaming group. Like 2-3 people.
@The_Doc_Webb: I’d love to hear some discussion of oddball tabletop RPGs. I’d humbly suggest HōL (Human Occupied Landfill), + which is handwritten, looks like a ’90s zine, and reads like a fever dream