On this episode our friend Sara return to discuss Alien and Aliens. It’s a great conversation about the themes of the movies and how the genre-shift affects things.
This week we have a returning guest, our friend Sara, to talk about the first two installments of the Alien movie franchise.
Guest and Topic Intro (00:00:19)
A brief intro to our guest Sara and an intro to our topic this episode.
What we’ve been up to (00:01:31) Sara (@serrinnewow)
- World of Warcraft
- Girlfriend’s Day
- A Series of Unfortunate Events
- A Dark, Dark Wood
- Girl on the Train
- Torment: Tides of Numenera
- Telltale Batman
- Arkham VR and other VR games
- The Sopranos
Alien (00:24: 31)
- What is Alien?
- Why are these films so interesting to discuss?
- Space and silence
- Ripley was originally supposed to be played by a man, how do you think that would have changed both films’ themes? @youmeyou
- When Computers Were Women
- True or false: Jonesy is the real hero @runycat
- Smoking in movies
- Aliens – change of genre
- Story beats shared between the two movies
- What earth species as host do you think would result in the most terrifying xenomorph? @The_Doc_Webb
- Aliens characters
- The Corporation
- Special effects
- @xhugglesx wants us to talk about Prometheus
- Alien is my all-time favorite film, followed closely by Aliens. Do you hope Alien Covenant more follows the original horror masterpiece or the action-packed sequel? Or maybe a mixture of the two? @Duke0619
If you’ve got any feedback, questions, people or topics you’d like to hear on future episodes of the show, you can reach out at MediaMavensCast@gmail.com or on Twitter @_MediaMavens. If you like the show, please give us a review on iTunes or Stitcher.