Atramedes is the first heroic I’ve done that doesn’t seem any harder to heal than normal mode. I actually found it a bit easier to keep people healed since the raid is so tightly grouped up. For a healer the mechanics are all the same as normal, they’re just a little more unforgiving. The most important thing is to get as little sound as possible.
The differences between hard mode and normal mode:
- Periodically throughout the fight an Obnoxious Fiend will jump on a raid member’s back. They need to be killed quickly and Obnoxious casts need to be interrupted.
- Most mechanics cause increased sound generation and damage.
- Sonar Bombs fall much quicker.
- Boss has more health.
This fight requires a ton of movement so it’s perfect for resto druids. Prepare to show off your fabulous healing-on-the-move skills.
When my guild does this fight we all group up togther (besides the tank of course) and move back and forth between 2 set spots every time sound discs spawn.
- Keep full Lifebloom stacks and a Rejuvenation on the tank throughout the phase. Refresh Lifebloom with direct heals if the tank is not at full health.
- Use Wild Growth after every Modulation or Searing Flame.
- Keep a Rejuv on yourself which you can Swiftmend for optimal Efflorescence placement. Be aware of when you will have to move. Don’t use Swiftmend right before discs spawn. The best time to use it is right after you’ve moved.
- Fill in the gaps on raid members with Rejuvs and Regrowths.
- Pay attention to the raid’s sound levels. Those who are highest take the most damage, so give them extra heals to top them up before Modulation.
- It can be very tricky to get off a full Tranquility because of all the movement in this fight. Try to use it when you have 6-8 seconds before the next discs or Sonic Breath. If you have to move and interrupt your cast it’s not the end of the world. Better to get some heals out of it than none.
- Use Barkskin before Modulation happens as much as you can.
- Tree of Life should be usable once per ground phase. People will generally take the most damage from the last Modulation before Searing Flame is cast (before sound levels get reset). That’s a good time to have Tree of Life up.
The most important thing to remember in air phase is to keep moving.
- Shift into cat form immediately after Atramedes takes off. If you get targetted by Roaring Flame Breath you can use Dash. If someone near you is targetted you can help them out with Stampeding Roar.
- If any healing is needed, cast only instants so you don’t have to stop moving. There should not be much healing required in this phase.
- Stay away from Sonar Bombs. Stay away from the breath kite path and the area where the boss will be tanked so fire doesn’t spawn there.
- As the phase is coming to an end make sure people are healed up as a Modulation will occur soon after Atramedes lands.