The latest episode of Media Mavens is out! This week we are joined by Sabriel and talk about the game we’ve all been playing, Overwatch! This was a very fun episode and it’s also out 10th! Take a listen. If you like the podcast, please consider leaving us a review on one of these platforms, or tell a friend about us!
You can find the podcast on:
We’re finally cashing in on the Overwatch hype, sit down with us as we tackle what it is and why we love it.
What we’ve been up to (02:23:00)
- Kerbal Space Program
- A Very Secret Service
- Star Trek TNG
- Pokemon GO
- Stranger Things
- Star Trek Beyond
- PS2 Games
- Hero Defense: Haunted Island
- No Man’s Sky
- Masterchef Australia
- Stranger Things
- Jane the Virgin
- The Jinx
Overwatch and Listener Questions (00:24:36)
- What is Overwatch?
- PC v PS4?
- Who’s your favourite character and why? Which character just doesn’t click with you at all? @grnmushroom
- The Importance of Ana by @appleciderwitch
- The online experience
- Player feedback at the end of the match; medals, stats, Play of the Game, voting for MVP?
- How do you actually learn to play the game?
- (00:58:23) What would you like to see as a future brawl?@_rades
- (01:02:30) Quien es Sombra? @OrkChop
- Lore? Where is the lore?
- (01:12:00) Where are the gay characters, Blizz?! How should Blizzard introduce them? @MtoAllPro
- (01:17:57) Overwatch and its cultural appropriation @MtoAllPro
- (01:24:00) Can Ana solo heal or is she better alongside a Lucio?@Makofury
- (01:27:21) Which characters are most likely to listen to your podcast? @walkstweets
- (01:29:10) How quickly do they have to push updates to keep you in, and how awesome would the Titan MMO have been?@TDwelve
- (01:33:58) Do you think the hype momentum will last? Is this the next esport? @serrinneWoW
Extra credit reading on Pharah:
- Child of a Jackal: Quick Thoughts on Overwatch’s Pharah
- Giant Beastcast: Breakdown of Pharah’s skins via a listener letter
- Dialacina breaks down Pharah’s skins.
If you’ve got any feedback, questions, people or topics you’d like to hear on future episodes of the show, you can reach out at MediaMavensCast@gmail.com or on Twitter @_MediaMavens. If you like the show, please give us a review on iTunes or Stitcher.