This is Day 8 of the 20 Days of WoW Blogging Challenge.
This one is tough…hard to think of 10 things that most people don’t already know about me that I want to share. Here goes.
1. I’m an only child. Sometimes I loved it, because I got spoiled; sometimes it was a little lonely.
2. I used to be a blonde. I’m definitely not blonde anymore.
3. I worked in the game industry for a little while, in QA. When I first got the job, I thought it was amazing. Getting paid to play video games? Sign me up. But it wasn’t all that great. The games I tested…they were bad. I got to play games like Warpath (a Halo knock-off), Land of the Dead (based on the movie), Playboy: The Mansion (The Sims with boobs – I actually kind of liked testing this one) and the bane of my tester existence, WWII Combat: Iwo Jima. Ugh, that game was so bad (really, read a review if you don’t believe me). What made it worse was that we’d often spend a week testing a single build when we were used to getting new builds every day. I’d often just flat-out refuse to continue to play it and instead go through the bug tracker and point out terrible spelling and grammar in the other testers’ bugs. As you can probably guess, I made a lot of friends this way.
4. I always ask for the same thing when anyone asks me what I want for Christmas or my birthday: a pony. I’ve yet to receive one.
5. I was an offensive backfield coach for my high school’s football team. I ran drills during practice and sometimes called plays during games. I also kept track of player stats. It was a lot of fun. I was never big on playing sports myself, but I was all for telling football players what to do.
6. I like things to be in order. My movie collection and library are organized alphabetically. The clothes in my closet are sorted by colour. I’ve been known to reorganize the shelves in bookstores if I find something out-of-place. This is likely related to number 7.
7. My first job was at Chapters (a Canadian bookstore). I worked there for 4 years. I loved working with books and seeing all the new titles coming out. My customer service on the other hand, was hit and miss. I could be the best employee ever and make all the customers love me, but I could also be downright mean to the rude customers (no, the customer is not always right). I used to do things like announce over the store intercom that people should put their books back where they found them if they weren’t going to buy them rather than leave them in giant pile near Starbucks. Luckily, my managers loved me, so I could get away with that kind of thing
8. I’ve been fired from one job – when I was 2 years old. I was booked for a Pampers commercial, though I no longer wore them. As soon as the camera started rolling I’d tear off my diaper and proclaim “I hate Pampers!” My mom pleaded with me and tried to bribe me to pretend I liked them for a couple minutes, but I held to my convictions. That put at end to my acting career (though I was in a Mr. Christie cookie commercial previously – I had no problem eating cookies on camera).
9. I love games. Any games. Video games (I’m sure you knew that one), card games, board games. My dad taught me how to play poker, euchre, thousand and cribbage by the time I was about 8 and we used to play them all the time (also Risk and chess – two games which I never, ever managed to beat him at). In high school I played cards every day at lunch – usually hearts.
10. I have a single tattoo. I got it when I was 19. If you know what it is, you win my respect.