This is Day 7 of the 20 Days of WoW Blogging Challenge.
When I decided I wanted to make a blog I knew it would take me a month to come up with a name for it on my own. It takes me hours just to make a character name, and I knew naming a blog would be even worse. So I emailed my guildmates and asked them for idea, wanting them to keep in mind that I planned to write about both druids and hunters. I got some interesting suggestions:
- The Curative Bovine – Jasyla has always been an elf…maybe I should have been offended by this suggestion.
- Ameliorative Measures from an Elven Perspective – This was the suggestion I got after I pointed out that I was an elf. Since I had to look up ‘ameliorative’ I didn’t think it was the name for me.
- Hunter and Hunted – Sort of works, but I didn’t like the thought of druids being hunted.
- Toby and Me – Toby is the name of hunter Jasyla’s favorite pet. One guildmate suggested I use this name and write half my posts from Toby’s perspective.
- A Tree by the Brook – This is one I thought of. I like the lyrical reference but since I always hated tree form, I wanted something else.
Finally one of my guildmates came up with Cannot be Tamed. I liked it right away. I thought it fit the druid/hunter angle really well and was cute in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way. I no longer play my hunter so the name has lost a bit of its meaning, but I still really like it and can see new meanings in it. I am completely stubborn and always refusing to toe the druid party line on things like tree form and the state of resto, so I think it still fits.