Happy Cataclysm everyone!
While everyone else is counting down the minutes until release, I am likely sitting on a beach or beside a pool drinking one too many fruity cocktails. I am a little sad to be missing out on all the expansion fun this week, but on the bright side maybe the starting zones will be a little less busy by the time I get back. Maybe I’ll even miss server queue times on Proudmoore (haha, unlikely).
Here are some posts from the last few weeks that I found really interesting and are well worth a read:
- Beru gives us the lowdown on the new companion pets introduced in the last patch and how to get them. Go collect them all if you’re looking for something to do while you wait for Cata.
- Adahy shares the best places to catch fish for The Limnologist achievement. Fish away the final hours of WotLK!
- Tachyon tells you how to be prepared for Cataclysm.
- Alas examines guild requirements and when they become unreasonable. As I personally spent a big chunk time of last week working on updating guild rules, I found this post very thought-provoking.
- Hybridity has started a new blog after nuking all characters and starting from scratch. It’s actually a very good idea for people looking for a fresh start at WoW, but not for the faint of heart! (I can’t even imagine deleting my characters, **shudder**).
- Missing the old Azeroth? Angelya has posted fantastic screenshots of all the old zones, if you’re in the mood for some reminiscing.
- Keeva has posted colour charts of all the druid feral forms. Choose your hair colour wisely new druids, especially if you are a troll.
- And last, but certainly not least, Vidyala wrote an excellent post on fostering a sense of teamwork in 10-man raids. My Horde guild is switching focus to 10s in Cata so this post was very timely and will undoubtedly be referred to many times.
Have fun with the expansion everyone. I expect you all to kick Deathwing in the teeth while I’m away