I’m still here!
Sorry for the lack of posts, I’ve been a little busy lately plus I haven’t played WoW in almost 2 weeks so I haven’t had much to write about. Except of course, my guild meetup.
The meetup went so well. We had 16 people, many of whom had never met before all staying together in a lodge out in the middle of nowhere for 3 days. It could have been a recipe for disaster (a couple of our guildies drew comparisons to the house from Evil Dead after the 2.5 mile drive through the forest to get there), but everyone got along really well and we had a lot of fun. We played a whole bunch of board games, Rock Band, played with the horses on the property, had a campfire, imbibed a drink or two and generally just hung out and had a good time. It was worth the 30 hours spent in the car getting there and back.
Some things I learned on the trip:
- There are a lot of corn fields between Ontario and Missouri
- Strawberry Cheesecake pancakes from IHOP are delicious
- American iced tea kicks Canadian iced tea’s ass (as long as it’s sweet tea)
- The liquor store we stocked up at sold guns! That was different.
- Drinking too much leads to drunken nighttime kayaking (not by me though)
- I ate grits for the first time. They were good.
- Sitting on a porch with a view, reading a good book and drinking and a cup of coffee is one of the best things in the world
- I suck at chess
- I’m very adept at making sangria. I’m even more adept at drinking it.
- The quiet ones make the best werewolves
- Cranium is a great game but takes forever when someone goes AFK (AFT?) every 5 minutes
- Lining up for a group photo is just as difficult as lining up for a kill pic. And camera timers are hard!
We’ve already started talking about next year’s meet. Hopefully we can go for longer this time.