The new talent trees and talent descriptions have been put up on MMO-Champion.
Base healing arsenal:
A big heal with a long cast time and a high mana cost. I would assume that this would be mostly used as a tank-healing bomb. It looks like it might be too expensive to use too often.
This can now only be active on one target. On one hand, I like that Lifebloom will have a tank healing niche. However, a lot of fights (currently at least) have 2 or 3 tanks. They will get no Lifebloom loving.
Small-medium heal with a long cast time and a low mana cost. I really don’t like that this has the same cast time as HT but does less than half the amount of healing. The fact that the mana cost is super low still doesn’t make it that attractive to me. I guess I need to learn what it’s like to be mana-starved before I can fully appreciate this.
Medium heal (plus HoT) with a fast cast time and a high mana cost.
Only lasts 12 seconds, down from 15. I think this will still be one of our primary raid healing tools especially since it’s innately effected by haste and crit.
A slight improvement, but I was hoping for much more. Now heals your target’s party (rather than your own). I really wish it would heal the 5 people with the lowest health. With an 8 minute cooldown, that wouldn’t be too OP.
Huzzah! No more having separate buttons for curses and poisons.
Cooldown has been brought back up to 30 minutes. I’m okay with this. I like having to be strategic about when to use Rebirth, and not just use it when anyone dies, with the knowledge that it will be back up for the next attempt.
A nice, general talent that druids of all specs will probably take. The boost to healing is small, but it’s to be expected for a first tier talent.
To me, this is one of the boring talents they should have made a baseline ability. Who cares about shapeshifting cost especially since Tree form has a 5-minute cooldown? I resent having to take this talent to get to tier 2.
Why the hell is this still in the resto tree? Why was it ever? How many other talent trees have a talent that is completely useless to the spec it’s in? Either add a piece to this talent that benefits restos in some way or get this out of our talent tree.
Taking less damage is always nice, but I think this talent still falls into the boring category.
I like the fact that rejuv is still getting a lot of love. This tells me that it will still be one of our top spells.
Pretty much the same as our current talent. Hopefully more types of attacks will trigger this in Cata so it is more useful for raid healing. If it procced off aura damage that would be swell.
Same old spell.
It’s too bad that this no longer provides a benefit to our raid group, but I’m not too broken up over that. This is a much more fun talent that the generic “You regenerate 30% of your mana while casting”. I like mechanics that give you mana back when you heal like shaman and pallies currently have.
The fact that people will be below 25% health at any frequency still scares me, but this sounds like a decent talent. Love the reduction in Swiftmend’s cooldown.
I’m fine with throwing the PVPers a bone here. Might be fun for dungeons and stuff too.
Two thumbs up. This should provide a good amount of AoE healing for the melee. Could be good for ranged too depending on the fight.
The big change here is that Swiftmend will heal for a set amount rather than differ based on if it is a rejuv or regrowth that you are consuming. That’s good news. It’ll be nice to have this heal for a consistent amount.
Healing Touch is going to heal for a lot. Nourish refreshing Lifebloom is great.
HoT love! HoT love! Gimme.
Yes, the cooldown is now 10 seconds. I’m not too fussed. While Wild Growth does do a lot of healing, it’s also one of the more mindless spells in our arsenal. I won’t mind using this less.
I think a 30% movement reduction would be more fair. Other than that, I like this talent.
Here are the spell enhancements when in Tree of Life form:
Since Lifebloom can now only effect 1 target and Nourish casts will refresh it, this enhancement seems completely useless.
Good stuff. If the glyph for Wild Growth stays the same that will be 8 people effected by Wild Growth.
Awesome! Hello stupid amounts of healing, goodbye mana pool!
PVP, don’t care much.
Not sure what happens to this. I’d guess that thorns will just do more damage.
That’s kinda cool. Again, mostly for PVP but it could be fun in dungeons and the occasional raid fight.
Only going to look at the first 2 tiers since we’ll only have a maximum of 10 points to spend here:
I don’t currently use this talent but with Nourish being bumped up to a 3 second cast it will be worthwhile.
Not for restos.
HoTs and Swiftmend ftw!
Another boring but useful talent.
Don’t think this will be part of any resto spec.
- I think the general healing spec will be 9/0/32
- What have they done with my Gift of the Earthmother?!?! /cry
If you don’t remember here’s the talent that was introduced a couple months ago: Gift of the Earthmother(5 points) – Increases the healing done by your Tranquility on targets at or below 25% health by 4%, increases the healing done by the bloom effect of your Lifebloom by 2%, and your Rejuvenation spell also instantly heals for 3% of the total periodic effect. Increases your total spell haste by 4/6/8/10% and reduces the base cooldown of your Lifebloom spell by 4/6/8/10%. Tier 10.
I’m really hoping the instant rejuv heal is a base ability, it was my favorite part of the new talents.
- As I’ve said before, I think these changes will make us even better at tank healing. I think the general tank healing strategy will be:
- Stack Lifeblooms to 3
- Roll Regrowth
- Roll Rejuvenation
- Nourish will be our spam heal and will also refresh Lifebloom
- Swiftmend when needed
- HT will be used when a large amount of healing is needed
- As for raid healing, we’ll still excel at that. I think any worries that we will no longer be HoT healers is unfounded. We have 4 talents that increase the amount of healing done by our Rejuvenation (and in some cases, all of our HoTs). Regrowth is further buffed by talents for mana return and Efflorescence. Combine these with the fact that people are unlikely to be at full health very often (meaning a big reduction in HoT overheal), and HoTs will still be our bread and butter.
- About the damage components of our talents…I think the concerns about this are also unfounded. For one, they’re likely aimed at PVP. Also, you never know what kind of fights we’ll be seeing in Cataclysm. Maybe we’ll see more mechanics like the Inner Demons on Leotheras. A small boost to damage output would be welcome on fights like those. I’m hopeful that giving healers the ability to do more damage will be used on things like that, fight mechanics that make us do something a little different, rather than create an expectation that we will be doing damage rather than healing on a regular basis. Aside from that, who knows how many 1% wipes could have been kills with a resto druid putting out some mad dps? 😛
I love playing a druid and based on these changes, I think I will still love playing a druid in Cataclysm.
What do you think?