It’s been a while since I posted anything on my raid’s progression, so here goes.
My Horde guild has been racking up a lot of new kills in ICC. We’ve finally managed to kill Rotface, plus got our first Valithria and Blood Princes kills in 25-man a couple weeks ago. Even more bosses in 10-man are falling over dead, we got our first Blood Queen and Putricide kills.
My Alliance guild is a little stuck at 10/12 in ICC 25. We’ve been having some attendance issues and have only been raiding one day a week for the last month or so. We manage to pack a whole lotta kills into 4 hours a week, which I think is pretty impressive, but it doesn’t leave much time to work on new bosses. Two weeks ago we got Sindragosa down to 200,000 health (that’s about 0.5%). It was heartbreaking. With the bump up to the 10% buff, she should go down easily, we just need the time to get there. Both of our 10-man groups have killed the Lich King and have started working on hard modes.
I’m starting to think the ICC buff is a little much. Five percent was a nice boost, 10% is making things significantly easier. I’m afraid that once we get up to 15% certain fight mechanics are going to start being invalidated. I don’t want to be facerolling through the content and I’m afraid that’s exactly what’s going to happen once the buff goes up any higher.
I’m getting excited about the class previews for Cataclysm. I’m usually not too interested in looking at changes that are still so far away, but that new Shaman spell, Healing Rain, has piqued my interest. I’ll probably jump on the bandwagon and post about the druid and hunter previews when they come out. There are a few things I’d like to see.
For resto druids I’d like:
- A spell that rivals Healing Rain (still jealous)
- An overhaul/replacement for Tranquility that will make it useful for something other than 5-mans
- A tank-saving cooldown
- HoTs that are intrinsically affected by haste and crit. Based on the class previews that have been posted so far, I’m fairly certain this will be included for druids.
- I really hope that there is no move away from instant HoTs being our primary source of healing.
- Get rid of tree form! Gaaah! If I have to stare at that ugly model for another year, I’m going to lose it. Make tree form a temporary thing (with a prettier model) which is used as a cooldown. Or just ditch it all together. Let me see the gear I worked so hard for.
- I’d like more raid utility. This is more of a fight mechanic issue than a class issue, but I’d like to see hunters be used to crowd control or kite during raids. I’d also like to see abilities like Tranq Shot get more use rather than just spam damage buttons.
- Solve the ammo problem. First of all, no more consumable ammo, make it the equivalent of an idol or totem. Having ammo with different effects would be cool too.
- Give us a bigger variety of Stings. It would be nice to have to choose between Stings to use based on the fight, rather than use the same one every time.