This post is now out of date. For the updated list of debuffs, click here.
This post will outline all the different raid-wide buffs that can be used in raids, and which class/spec is the optimal source of the buff. See here for the post on raid debuffs.
Here are the categories of buffs that can be put on your raid. As with the debuffs, in each category you can only benefit from the most powerful buff used. They do not stack.
Melee Haste – Increases melee haste by 20%
Who can do it: Frost Death Knights, Shamans
Improved Icy Talons from a frost DK is a talented ability that procs off Icy Talons. Windfury Totem also provides a melee haste boost but must be talented (from the enhancement tree) to provide the full 20% boost.
- A resto or elemental shaman can also use windfury totem, but will only give a 16% melee haste buff.
Melee/Ranged Critical Strike – 5% melee critical strike
Who can do it: Feral Druids, Fury Warriors
Attack Power Buff (Flat Add) – 548-687 AP
Who can do it: Warriors, Paladins
Blessing of Might from a pally. When talented this provides 687 AP.
- Battle Shout from a warrior, when talented provides 685 AP. (The shout is 2 AP lower than BoM so overzealous warriors don’t overwrite the blessing).
- Untalented Blessing of Might, without talents, gives 550 AP.
- Untalented Battle Shout gives 548 AP.
Attack Power Buff (Multiplier) – 10% AP
Who can do it: Marksman Hunters, Enhancement Shamans, Blood Death Knights
Abomination’s Might from a blood DK and Unleased Rage from an enhance shaman will be applied as a passive aura if you are within 100 yards.
- Trueshot Aura from a marksman hunter is just as good as the buffs listed above. But if you regularly have a blood DK or enhance shaman in raid, and really want to min/max, hunters can find a better place to spend this talent point.
Agility and Strength Buff – 155-178 Strength and Agility
Who can do it: Death Knights, Shamans
Strength of Earth Totem, when improved gives 178 strength and agility.
- Horn of Winter cast by any death knight gives 155 str&agi
- Unimproved Strength of Earth Totem gives 155 str&agi
Spell Haste Buff – 5% spell haste
Who can do it: Shamans
Wrath of Air Totem from a shaman is the only buff of its kind.
Spell Critical Strike Chance Buff – 5% spell crit
Who can do it: Balance Druids, Elemental Shamans
Increased Spell Power Buff – Increases spell power by 144-??
Who can do it: Shamans, Demonology Warlocks
- Demonic Pact from a demo lock gives the raid 10% of the warlock’s spell power whenever its pet crits. If an average warlock has 3500 spell power (when buffed), that’s a bonus of 350 spell power for the raid.
Your mileage may vary.
- Totem of Wrath from an ele shaman provides 280 spell power.
- Flametongue totem, from a shaman (most likley from a resto) gives 144 spell power, or 165 if talented
Physical and Caster Buffs
Percentage Haste Increase (All Types) – 3% haste
Who can do it: Balance Druids, Retribution Paladins
Improved Moonkin Form and Swift Retribution provide the same buff.
Percentage Damage Increase – 3% damage (physical and magic)
Who can do it: Retribution Paladins, Arcane Mages, Beast Master Hunters
- Sanctified Retribution from a ret pally is a constant buff when affected by one of their auras.
- Arcane Empowerment from an arcane mage is a constant buff.
- Ferocious Inspiration from a BM hunter.
Stat Multiplier Buff – 10% increase to stats
Who can do it: Paladins
Blessing of Kings from any pally.
- Drums of the Forgotten Kings are made by leatherworkers but are usable by anyone. They boost stats by 8%.
- Blessing of Sanctuary increases strength and stamina by 10%. This does not stack with Kings.
Stat Add Buff – Increases stats by 52
Who can do it: Druids
Gift of the Wild can be cast by all druids. Improved MotW is a staple in all specs and results in an extra 52 to all base stats.
- Drums of the Wild are made by leather workers but can be used by anyone. Increases base stats by 37.
Stamina Buff – Increases stamina by 165-214
Who can do it: Priests
Power Word: Fortitude, when improved gives 214 stamina to the raid. The talent is a staple of most priest specs.
- Runescroll of Fortitude are made by scribes and can be used by anyone. Increases stamina by 165.
Health Buff – 1330-2818 health
Who can do it: Warriors, Warlocks
Commanding Shout when talented gives 2818 health.
- Unimproved Commanding Shout gives 2255 health.
- Blood Pact from a warlock’s imp gives 1330 health, or 1781 with Improved Imp.
Intellect Buff – 40-60 Intellect
Who can do it: Mages, Warlocks
Arcane Intellect from a mage gives 60 int.
- Fel Intelligence from a warlocks’s fel puppy gives 48 int, or 53 when improved.
Spirit Buff – 64-80 Spirit
Who can do it: Priests, Warlocks
Divine Spirit from any priest gives 80 spirit.
- Fel Intelligence from a warlocks’s fel puppy gives 64 spirit, or 70 when improved.
Damage Reduction Buff – Reduces damage taken by 3%
Who can do it: Discipline Priests, Protection Paladins
Renewed Hope will be applied to the raid whenever a disc priest uses Power Word: Shield. Blessing of Sanctuary is a prot pally buff.
Percentage Increase Healing Received Buff – Increases healing received by 6%
Who can do it: Restoration Druids, Paladins
Armor Increase – Increases armor by 1150-1807
Who can do it: Paladins, Shamans
Improved Devotion Aura gives 1807 armor
- Devotion Aura, without talents, gives 1205 armor.
- Stoneskin Totem gives 1150 armor, or 1380 armor when improved with guardian totems (although this talent is not in your average PVE build)
- Gift of the Wild increases armor by 1050 when talented. The armor buff does stack with the other armor increase effects.
Who can do it: Paladins, Shamans
Improved Blessing of Wisdom from a holy pally restores 110 mp5.
- Blessing of Wisdom without talents restores 92 mp5.
- Mana spring totem restores 91 mps or 109 mp5 when talented by a resto shaman. (The totem is 1 mp5 lower than BoW so it won’t overwrite the blessing).
Replenishment – Restores 1% of maximum mana every 5 seconds for 15 seconds
Who can do it: Survival Hunters, Frost Mages, Retribution Paladins, Shadow Priests, Destruction Warlocks
All replenishment buffs grant the same amount of mana return. Replenishment will buff the 10 people in raid with the lowest mana. The replenishment effect will not stack, but can be constantly refreshed each time it is triggered.
Replenishment comes from the following talents:
- Improved Soul Leech from a destruction warlock.
- Vampiric Touch from a shadow priest.
- Hunting Party from a SV hunter.
- Judgements of the Wise from a ret pally.
- Enduring Winter from a frost mage.
Although not technically a replenishment effect, Revitalize from a resto druid can restore mana, energy or rage on rejuvenation and wild growth ticks. Since it is a different effect, this does stack with replenishment.
Resistances – Increases resistance to a school of magic by 130
Frost – Can given by a paladin aura or shaman totem.
Fire- Can be given by a paladin aura or shaman totem.
Shadow – Can be given by a paladin aura or priest buff.
Nature – Can be given by a shaman totem or hunter aspect.
Gift of the Wild when talented, gives 76 resistance to all schools of magic. It does not stack with the other effects.
For a quick and easy way to tell if your raid group has all the available buffs and debuffs, see MMO Champion’s Raid Comp tool.